Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The salty spear of death


So me and Taylor (student ministry intern) are headed over to Wren High School for lunch today with our students. It is really an awesome time to connect and hang out with our students and they seem to enjoy the company. I try to do this every so often, and I would like to share a story that happened at a lunch a couple of years ago. And yes, I have been back since this episode happened. So, here ya go, enjoy.

Ok, here's what went down. I went to all 3 lunches at Wren high today and had quiet an experience. The first 2 lunch periods went great, with no drama or anything like that. However, the last lunch period is freshman lunch, ALL freshman lunch. So i'm just sitting there chillin sipping on some good 'ol Wren high sweet tea and all of sudden, out of nowhere comes a flying french fry! Not just any flying french fry, but a sharp, pointy, salty spear of death !! This special flying french fry proceeds to hit me right in the eye, more specifically, right in the middle of my eye!! Now, imagine if you will a bunch of freshmen who see a 30 year old youth pastor get hit in the eye with a sharp, pointy, salty spear of death!! The crowd went wild with laughter, needless to say. Now, I tried my best to play it off, but honestly, it hurt, BAD! After I regained my composure and crawled out from underneath the table, I challenged the big bully to meet me outside on the band field and we would settle this once and for all. But, luckily the bell rang and the afore mentioned bully had to go to class. Now, as if that wasn't eventful enough, I return back to my table to finish my sweet tea and upon taking a swig of the tea, I quickly realized that someone had poured 7-Up remix in my tea!! Gee thanks!!!
So all this reminded me why I never really enjoyed high school in the first place. I'm 30 years old and still get picked on by freshman in high school!! What a miserable existence!!

Hopefully today will not hold the same fortune for me. I can't wait to have one of those square/rectangular type pizzas! Those were always my favorite!! YUMMY!!!

RUNning my Race,
Bholda

1 comment:

Sammy Clary said...

All you did was repost an old post and call it a new post. You are going to be removed from my blog roll because all you can do is repost. That is pretty lame. We want fresh posts not 6 month old stale posts. Hey you wanna go fishing? Na never mind I take it back. You reposting indian fish giving jerk.