Thursday, March 20, 2008

AMP'd Rewind and the Lord's Supper

Last night at AMP'd was a very unique night. We observed the Lord's Supper and took some time to remember the sacrifice Christ made for us. I say it was unique because AMP'd is typically a service where our Christian students invite their "un-churched" friends and it is geared more with that in mind. Last night however, was much more focused on what Easter and the week of Easter means to Christians, as Jesus prepared to endure the cross for us. It was very moving and awesome to see so many students abandon themselves, their problems, distractions, and selfishness to get focused on Christ. Here are some comments students sent me about last night:

"I really really like AMP'd and the Lord's Supper. I think it helped me feel like more connected and closer to God. And it helped me realize that i'm not as close to God as i should be, but it's helping me strive towards being closer to God."

Bryan, i thought that AMP'd was AMAZING and so moving for everyone! Lots of people were saved and were able to let things go and feel good and clean! It was the best! Thanks! :)


I thought it was beautiful, man. More Wednesdays should be like last night! You could feel God in the room, touching out hearts. Usually, the Lord's Supper doesn't mean anything to me; you just drink some grape juice, eat a cracker, put on a serious face, and then go back to normal. But last night was anything BUT normal. I really didn't even want to leave...


It was a powerful night, and I believe Jesus was lifted up and exalted last night. I believe our students were more than challenged, they were CHANGED!!! I encourage you to take time to remember what Easter is all about this year and really focus on who Christ is and what He has done for us.

Set list:
Lead me to the cross-Hillsong
Where the love last forever-Hillsong
You Reign-United
To know your name-United
Jesus paid it all-Kristian Stanfill
There is nothing like-Hillsong
We Shine-Fee

I hope to have some pictures up soon of the service. Have a great Easter and take time to REMEMBER!!!

RUNning the Race,
Bholda

No comments: