Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A close call



Well, I was on the way back to church from Wren High and made a quick stop by Carolina Rod Shop to talk to my good buddy Rick about a project we are working on for the new building. The rod shop is only a couple of miles from the church, so I got finished meeting with Rick and jumped in the truck to head back to work. I wasn't even thinking and never put my seatbelt on. With that being said, I know that's not smart or safe. I came around a curve and there were 3 highway patrol officers doing a traffic stop. Needless to say, I couldn't get my belt on before they saw me. I pulled up and the officer asked for my drivers license. I obliged obviously, because I didn't want a beat down. He took down some info and asked why I didn't have my seatbelt on to which I responded "umm...I just didn't put it on this time" He then proceeded to do something unusual, he yelled out to the other officers "anyone want a seatbelt?" The other officers responded quickly by saying "NO". Which to my surprise and happiness, he said the same. I drove away with a warning! My birthday was last week and he asked me if I got a lot of money for my birthday, and I said "No sir, not much" to which he kindly answered back, well good thing I'm just giving you a warning. Thank you Lord, for protecting my life and my wallet!! I have learned my lesson for sure. CLICK IT OR TICKET!!! Unless the officer doesn't wanna write it up!!

Wearin' my seatbelt always,
Bholda

1 comment:

Sammy Clary said...

you're that guy that throws out the I work at a church card. you must carry around your Jesus get out of Jail free card and display it when needed.