Thursday, March 27, 2008

The highlight of my week

I've had a very busy week this week getting ready for D-Now next weekend, dealing with the student building, planning our next series "Invasion", plus just handling phone calls and e-mails. But fortunately, there was one highlight that stuck out in my mind the most, i got to hang out with some students for awhile on Tuesday. We ate lunch at Zaxby's (i had a grilled chicken salad and diet coke) then headed back to the church for a good 'ol planning session. I have determined that students are the best resource for finding out what students need to hear about. DUH!!! I don't know how many youth pastors try to incorporate their students in their message prep, but i think it's a great idea and after Tuesday, i'm completely sold on the idea. Yeah, it's difficult at times due to short attention spans, but i think it's worth it. I am passionate about us having a student-led ministry and i believe this is just another step to build on that vision. They did great Tuesday and we have the whole series planned out. That includes videos, songs, message topics (they leave the teaching to me, at least for now!). I am excited about the future of the meetings and i think it is going to be one of the best things we can do for our ministry. I will keep you posted on the development of this student team.
In other news, i have reached my first weight goal of 200 lbs and it feels great. I'm still plugging along at the gym and trying to eat right, so the next goal is 180! I saw my "trainer" today and she wants to do a follow up assessment which should be positive. I will let you know the results when i find out. Well, it's off to watch some Sweet 16 action.

RUNning the Race,
Bholda

No comments: