Friday, August 17, 2007

Gettin' Ready!!





Tonight is the Easley/Pickens football game, which is a huge rivalry around these parts. I personally don't really care who wins because I didn't attend either school (yes, I went to a Christian high school) However, I do have a vested interest in the game because we have students in our ministry from both schools. Last year, a group of volunteers embarked on a journey to create a "tailgating monster" to take to the football games on Friday nights as an outreach tool. The name of said monster is Project 109. We took an old school bus that the church had and totally transformed it into a "pimped out" tailgating monster. I wish I could say that this was an original idea, but there was a pioneer in the tailgating game before Project 109, it's name was Gus the Bus and it was the brain child of my good friend Sammy Clary (www.sammyclary.com). So we took the concept of Gus and added our own personal touches to it. Project 109 has a second story with a spiral staircase, 4 X-Box 360's that are played on 20" flat panel tv's, 4 15" sub woofers outside, plus 8 mid range speakers, and 3 more speakers in the cab, and 2 grills built into the bumper on the back. The whole vision of even trying something like this is to reach people, especially teenagers. We will be taking this to at least 6 high school football games and a couple college games this year. I am pumped about this fall and being able to use Project 109 as an "out of the box" tool for outreach. I have posted a few pictures of Project 109 in it's early stages and plan on updating with lots of cool stories of how teenagers were reached through Project 109!!

Keepin' It Real,
Bryan

1 comment:

jim thompson said...

that's one sweet as heck ride