Thursday, August 23, 2007

AMP'd Rewind

Last night was AWESOME!!! We did our back to school kick-off at AMP'd (our Wednesday night worship service for students) and it was a blast!!! I'm glad we can finally get back into a routine and meet on a regular basis. Our student band did an awesome job with the worship, the just keep getting better and better. It is so neat to see students leading students!! We started a new series called "Under the Influence" and the basic idea behind it is that we are all influenced by someone or something, so we need to step back and look at who or what it is. Last night I talked about how culture is a huge influencer and we need to be careful how we handle that. I challenged the students to actually be the ones influencing instead of being the ones getting influenced. I spoke from Daniel 6. Here are my points:

1. Daniel wasn't influenced by the culture. Dan. 6:10

2. Daniel influenced the culture. Dan. 6:26

3. Daniel prospered because of his stand! Dan. 6:28

The set list went like this:

Godspeed-Anberlin
What the World-Hillsong United
All Because of Jesus-Steve Fee
Solution-Hillsong United

I am pumped about this fall and I know God has some incredible things in store for our students and Marathon Student Ministries! Oh, I now have 2 interns in place, Steve-0 and Taylor and they are doing a great job!!! Still looking for at least 1 or 2 more, so let me know if you know someone. You can e-mail me at bryanholder@marathonlive.org if you know someone that would be interested in helping out.

Keepin' It Real,
Bryan

No comments: