Thursday, August 30, 2007

AMP'd Rewind


Last night was another great night at AMP'd!! We have a lot of momentum and it is just an exciting place to be. We are in our second week of our series called "Under the Influence" and we looked at how our friends influenced us. Here are the points from the message:

1. We were not created to be alone. -Ecc. 4:9-10

2. Our friends can shape us or deform us. 1 Cor. 15:33, Prov. 18:24

The most important question: What kind of friend are you?

The band once again blew me away!! It is awesome to have a truly student-led band. The guys that play range from 15-18 years old. I gotta give props to Chase (www.chasencallahan.blogspot.com) for pouring into these guys and developing them, not only as musicians, but believers! Here is the set list from last night:

One Way-United
All Because of Jesus-Fee
What the World-United
From the inside out-United
Best of you-Foo-fighters

The students were pumped and engaged throughout the entire night. We had tons of volunteers there to love and pour into the students. I feel like I have done my job when a student bypasses me and goes to one of our volunteers for a high-five, hug or just to hang out. God is doing something HUGE in a group of college students from North Greenville. One of my interns Taylor, goes to NGU and he has been recruiting other students to come and volunteer. Last night, there were at least 13 students here to help out from NGU. I am pumped to see so many college students fired up about Christ and ministry!!! They are getting plugged in left and right. Well, I'm still on the Wednesday night hangover, so I'm gonna go chill for awhile and take it easy, and it's gonna feel great!!

Keepin' it real,
Bryan

No comments: