Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gearin' Up


This week is going to be like none other! There is a lot going on that I am pumped about to say the least. Tomorrow night we are continuing our "Undressed" series and we will be talking about SEX for the next 2 weeks. To say it is going to be interesting would be an understatement. Our students have responded well to the series so far, and so have parents. I have started recording my messages on CD at AMP'd for a couple of reasons: 1. To protect myself from someone misquoting me and 2. For parents and students that want a copy of the message to take home. It has worked out really well so far, and I feel far more comfortable talking about all this Love, Dating and Sex stuff knowing it's being recorded. Thursday should be a good planning day with the interns for our upcoming series and Disciple Now weekend, and also just a chance for us to catch our breath after AMP'd. And then there's Friday!!! oh Friday, the day off. For my day off this week I am going with Sammy and Melissa (www.sammyclary.com)along with a handful of other people to the Richard Petty Driving Experience in Charlotte. Last year for my birthday Sammy bought me a ride along ticket, and we are just now getting to use them, so it should be a blast!! We are heading out at 6 am to get there early and get in line. It's first come, first serve. I am just praying I don't mess myself, because I'm not a big risk taker, and I think going around the speedway at 180 mph is a pretty big risk!!! I'm not driving, simply riding in the passenger's seat, but still it should be a rush!! I'm sure there will be pictures and plenty of stories to follow!!
In other news, we are closing on the loan TODAY for the "Garage", our student facility!! We should be seeing construction start back up within the next couple of weeks. I'm so excited about being able to provide our students with a place they can call their own. It's going to be great. I will try to keep the blog with pictures of the progress. Well, it's back to studying for tomorrow night!!

RUNning the Race,
Bholda

No comments: