Saturday, February 16, 2008

We Won!!

It finally happened, our over 30 basketball team at Marathon won our first game last night!! I guess technically it was our second win, because the first win was a forfeit by the other team a few weeks ago. But this time we actually scored more points than the other team!! We ended up winning by 5 points down the stretch, and it felt good, because we avenged our first loss of the season by this team. I have realized that I can't move and react like I could 10 years ago, and quite honestly it's been a tough pill to swallow, but I'm working on it. We have 1 more regular season game and then the first round of the playoffs (yeah in this league, every team plays in the first round).
Well, enough about my mission to return to my glory days of high school basketball. Tonight I have a student ministry volunteer dinner/training and I am excited about it for sure. I can see God bringing us the right people to put into the right places and it is awesome. I just want to spend some time with my volunteers tonight and hear what God is doing in their lives, hear stories about how God has used them to reach students, and how students have touched their lives. It should be a great night, and I am looking forward to it for sure. I guess that's it for now, so enjoy your weekend!!

Keepin'it Real,
Bholda

No comments: