Saturday, February 9, 2008

AMP'd rewind, Surge '08, and the backyard 500

Well, it's a little late, but here is the AMP'd rewind. It was a great night of praise and worship as we wrapped up our series called "Beyond the Music". The band along with Steve-O and Jamie did a set list consisting of 10 songs, too numerous for me to remember, but it was an awesome sight to see the students loose themselves in worship. I challenged the students with a story out of Mark 5:24-34, which is about a woman who had a bleeding issue and how she knew if she could just touch Jesus' clothes she would be healed!! I encouraged the students that during worship their goal should be simply to touch Jesus' clothes. If we can just experience that, it will completely change our lives!! It was a wonderful night. Next week we are starting our new series called "Undressed", the truth about Love, Dating and Sex. I'm pumped about this series because I want the students to take a real look at the relations they are in and the dangers of saying "I love you" too soon, dating the wrong person and not setting boundaries, among a ton of others stuff too!! It should be interesting for sure.
On a different note, the dates for Surge '08 have been announced!! The first week will be June 8-13 for current 7-8 graders and the second week is June 15-20 for current 9-12 graders. We will be going to beautful St. George Island Christian Retreat Center in Florida. Check out the pics at www.sgichristianretreat.org, it's incredible!! Keep a look out for more details!!!
Well, I guess that's about it for now, it's time to get ready to head out to the gym and get my workout on!! I have to get ready for the go kart backyard 500 over at Sammy's house!! I think it's going to be a break through day for me and my career in go kart racing!!

Keepin' it Real,
Bholda

No comments: