Monday, February 26, 2007

SERVE it up!!!!

Just as i thought, God showed up this weekend! If you read my last post you know about our D-Now weekend and how satan was trying everything to stop what God had planned. But, as usual, satan failed!!! It was an incredible weekend of Bible study, fellowship, service and changed lives. On Saturday, the small groups went into Greenville, Anderson, and Easley and served various organizations such as Calhoun Elementary, Miracle Hill, Goodwill, and others as well. In my 10 years of ministry I can honestly say that I have never seen students "get it" like our students at Marathon do! They really understand what being a believer is all about. Our students where challenged to have the attitude of Christ as laid out in Philippians 2:5-11. The attitude of a SERVANT! I think we forget that Jesus was a servant first and foremost. He tells us that He came to SERVE, not be SERVED!! What an example for all of us. I was challenged to take a servants attitude and not seek to be served. Serving should be at the forefront of our thinking and then go beyond thinking into ACTION!! We serve an INCREDIBLE GOD!!!
So here is a shout-out to all the students and college leaders that participated in D-Now this past weekend. I am so proud of you and your love for Christ and people!!! YA"LL ROCK!!!!!!

Keepin' it Real,
Bryan

No comments: