Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Simple Prayer


Psalm 25:4-5"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
I ran across these verses the other day and they hit me like a ton of bricks (except not quite as painful, and I didn't have to go to the hospital) But you know what I mean. I read verses all the time and usually just go right over something. But with these verses it was different. It's like my eyes were opened to something I had never seen before. God is so awesome in how He works and allows us to be a part of what He has going on! I shared this passage with a group of students at our prayer breakfast this morning and encouraged them to wake up each morning and make this their prayer and shared with them that I too, was going to do this. Here is what I have learned from this passage:
  • I need God to show me HIS ways
  • I need to be taught by HIM
  • I need HIM to guide me
  • HE is the only source of salvation
  • I have hope in HIM
I know what you may be thinking, "Dang Bryan, all you did was just summarize the verse basically word for word!" And you would be right. I think that sometimes we just need to go back and stop trying to over spiritualize things and just take God at His Word. If you will take a minute and read through those verses again, I think you will see that it is pretty cut and dry. I challenge you to make this your prayer each morning and see what God will do in your life!!



Keepin' it real,
Bryan







No comments: