Tuesday, July 15, 2008

WHOA!!! Close Call


So last night I decided to go for a little run in the neighborhood next to our house, and I got quite a shock. If you can't tell that is a snake crossing the road!! I'm not positive, but I think it is a copperhead, which are highly poisonous!! I was almost home and had slowed down to a steady walk, when I noticed a car coming up behind me. As the car approached, its lights just happen to shine on the snake which was about 6 feet in front of me!! If the car wouldn't have come down the road, I really think I would have stepped right on the bloomin' thing!!! Which probably would have made for a cooler story, except for the fact I may be dead today. Needless to say, I stepped around the 3 foot snake and carefully snapped a picture of it with my camera phone. I don't think the EPIpen would have helped in this case (which i had on me, by the way). I typically try not to over-spiritualize things, but I think I learned something through this little episode. We all know that satan is our enemy (1 Peter 5:8) and in Genesis disguised himself as a snake to deceive Eve. We also know that God is light (1 John 1:5) and in Him is no darkness. God just reminded me through this encounter that I need Him to protect me from the enemy who is waiting to harm and destroy me. The light from the car exposed the danger that was lurking, just like God, who is light, exposes sin or stuff that is dangerous in our lives. We just have to be alert and focused on what He is doing in our lives.
As for my late night running, probably gonna start a little sooner from here on out!!! I have been warned by this guy (sammyclary.com)that if I don't post more often, I'm gonna be exiled from his link list, which is never a step in the right direction in the blogging world. So, hopefully I can be more disciplined and post more often, or at least try!!

RUNning the Race,
Bholda

1 comment:

Sammy Clary said...

8 Days in between posts? Are you kidding me? If we weren't friends you'd have been dropped like the first month you started a blog. 3 a week. Your dad said he will give you a dollar for each post you do. Hey it might work. It worked with the whole weight loss thing. So there you go.