Monday, July 7, 2008

So, that's what's up?

It's been a crazy few days to say the least! Let me break the last few days down for you if I can. It all started on Thursday afternoon when my dad, brother-in-law and I began laying hardwood floors in our soon to be nursery. I surely couldn't have done it myself because I'm not much of the handy-man, so I appreciated the help more than you can imagine. That being said, it was still hard work, and by the time we finished on Friday afternoon, my back was killing me!! Then on top of that, I started feeling really crummy, kinda like I was getting the flu!! Great!!! I was coughing, fighting a headache, aching all over, and really tired. So rest on Friday night was nice, but I knew I had to get up on Saturday and go by the church to do some stuff to get ready for Sunday. My good buddy Sammy was gonna meet me up there and on my way to the church, he called and said someone had broken into my wife's Honda by smashing in the passenger side window!! So, that's what's up? I thought to myself "man, this is just great, one more thing to deal with". Upon further investigation of the area, someone also broke into a Ford pickup that was donated to the church. I thought the worst and quickly checked out the youth building and the main building to see if someone had broken into either one. Luckily, things seemed ok. On Sunday morning, I was still feeling crummy, but managed to make it through the morning ok. Well, this morning I got a call from the superintendent telling me someone had broken into the youth building and vandalized stuff pretty bad. I got there and saw the damage first hand. Someone had taken the electric lifts and ran into several walls, busting the sheetrock, tore up ceiling grids, and busted several door caseings. I couldn't believe it, I was obviously very discouraged. The detectives investigated the scene and took fingerprints, so hopefully we will find out who did this soon. So, that's what's up? This evening I received a phone call from my sister telling me our dad has been admitted to the hospital with severe chest pains!! The latest update is that he has pneumonia and an infection in the lining of his lungs, which is very painful. So, that's what's up!?
Well with all this going on, I have had to ask God that very question...So, that's what's up? This is how it's going to be? This is the hand I've been dealt? And, I have felt Him speak to my heart and say....YES, it is FOR NOW. It has been very frustrating and discouraging, and I know that it may not be over yet. God has laid a couple of verses on my heart to encourage me through this time.
James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

If you are reading this and are asking God, "So, that's what's up?" please hang on and let the verses above speak to you and know that God is in control and has a plan! It's not easy, but God wants us to become like His Son, and it may take some tough stuff to get us there.

Still running the race,
Bholda

1 comment:

Sammy Clary said...

Door Caseings has no e

Also you forgot to put that someone crapped in the floor. No five second rule in the new building.