Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What God is doing...

I just got back last Friday from 2 weeks of youth camp and needless to say I was exhausted!! So I decided to take this week off and just chill around the house and recuperate. It has been nice for sure just to be able to sleep in a little and basically lay around and veg! While doing that, God laid it on my heart that I need to also recuperate spiritually this week. I have purposed to do this by really focusing on His Word and prayer. I started reading Ezekiel last night, because honestly, I never have read it all the way through. I was able to get through the first 4 chapters before calling it a night.

This is one of the parts that really jumped out at me:

And he said to me, "Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the house of Israel." So I opened my mouth, and he gave me the scroll to eat. Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth. He then said to me: "Son of man, go now to the house of Israel and speak my words to them. Ezekiel 3:1-4 (NIV)

This really confirmed to me that in order to recharge and be prepared for what God has called me to do, I have to eat His Word. Ezekiel was headed to speak to the people of Israel, and what he was going to say had to come from God, because the people were "hardened and obstinate" (vs 7) If I try to go and reach people within my own strength, I WILL FAIL!! I have to eat, digest, and benefit from the sweet Truth of God's Word. It's kinda like what happens when we eat foods that are good for us... we eat that food, digest it, and then benefit from the nutrients it provides us. I really want to take this week and focus on God's Word and benefit from the life change it will bring. Check out Ezekiel sometime and let me know how it has spoken to you.
I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend, and remember to take some time to thank God for allowing us to live in a free country!!

Much Love,
Bholda

No comments: