Thursday, October 25, 2007

Some thoughts and the AMP'd Rewind

We had another great night at AMP'd last night. It is amazing to watch what God is doing at AMP'd. We have seen AMP'd grow by about 66% since August, which just blows my mind. But there is also a flip side to that rate of growth. The flip side is being able to do more than just grow a big group. I don't want us to have a big group just to say we have a big group. My heart is to make disciples, plan and simple. If I were completely honest, it is cool to see growth, and I do get excited ever week when we have more students show up, and that's ok. BUT is that where it should end? NO WAY!! Now it is our calling to make disciples of the students God has entrusted us with. We plan on doing that through plugging them into weekly small groups and giving them opportunities to serve at Marathon and our community. Making disciples isn't easy, it takes work, much more work than just blowing stuff up or having cool lights, funny videos or great music. It takes time and commitment, which me and my volunteers are willing to give. We have close to 50% of our students actively involved in small groups and there are students that serve on Sunday mornings in our children's dept, media dept, greeting and ushering ministry. It is awesome to see students giving back. We have not arrived by any means, but we are committed to the vision and direction God has given us for Marathon Student Ministries!
Here's the set list:
Made to Love-Toby Mac
Everything Glorious-Crowder
Holy is the Lord-Tomlin
American Dream-Switchfoot

Taylor Mills, one of our student ministry interns spoke last night and did a great job. He spoke on the dangers of materialism and how students can still buy stuff and honor God at the same time. I am a firm believer in pouring into people and giving them opportunities to use the gifts God has given them. It's not the Bryan Holder show, THANK GOODNESS, cause that would be LAME for sure!!!! :) Well, that's about it for now, I promise I'm gonna try to be more vigilant in my posting from now on.

Keepin it Real,
Bholda

No comments: