Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just an update

I wanted to take a minute and jot down some things that are happening in my life right now (in case you were interested). Crystal and I have our house on the market, and we have found a house we really like that is closer to church and to Crystal's job. We have had several folks check it out and have had 1 offer, but it was not where we needed it to be, so we are trying to be patient and hold on for another offer. The student ministry is boomin'! we have had record attendance at AMP'd and kids are getting plugged into small groups, and serving all over the church. It is really an exciting time to be a part of what God is doing and i know this is just the beginning. I just finished a book called Simple Church, which opened my eyes and reminded me why we do what we do. If you are in ministry or plan on being in ministry,(including volunteer) I would highly recommend this book. It is an easy read, otherwise I couldn't have finished it!! We are wrapping up our series "Now What" tomorrow night at AMP'd with a message entitled "I lost someone...now what". Our group just experienced the death of one of our students and it really hit hard, so I felt God leading me to face the issue head on and show the students how to handle the death of someone they are close to. Well, I guess that's about it for right now, I will update with an AMP'd rewind on Thursday!!

Until then,

Bryan

No comments: