Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lots of stuff...


Going on right now in the life of one Bholda. As many of you may have read on Sammy's blog(www.sammyclary.com) i went over and rode the new karts on Sunday night, and I was so fast I actually wore a hole into the seat of the go-kart!!! Not only the seat of the kart, but the seat of my coveralls, shorts and underwear!!!! I realized something was wrong when my bum started burning and going numb, so I pulled over and checked out what was going on, and sure enough, a perfect hole!!! It was hilarious to say the least!! I can't seem to understand why these types of things always seem to happen to me. If you have any ideas why, please let me know!!
On a different note, my wife and I are still trying to sale our house in Williamston, which is going ok I guess. We have shown it a few times and actually have a showing scheduled for tonight, so hopefully they will make an offer we can't refuse!!!
Things are going GREAT in the student ministry right now, we are still growing and reaching new students which is AWESOME. At this point we have around 50% of our students plugged into small groups which is where they get to dig deeper into the Word and build lasting relationships with each other and their small group leaders. When we kicked off our small groups we had about 80% of our students in groups, but we have continued to grow so we need to focus on getting the new students plugged in. It is a really good "problem" to have.
We have our winter trip, MERGE coming up and I am pumped about that. We are going to Pigeon Forge over MLK weekend and at this point we have 76 students signed up. It is going to be a great trip and I am expecting God to do some cool things in our students lives. The cabins we are staying in are insane!!! Check 'em out at www.sherwoodforestresort.com.
I guess that's about it for now, it's time to focus on finishing things up for AMP'd tomorrow night!!!

Keepin' it real,
Bholda

No comments: