Thursday, August 7, 2008

Crooks Stink!!

Yeah that title pretty much says it all! Someone took a box of blank checks out of our mailbox last week while we were gone on the mission trip, and we spent most of today closing accounts, calling our bill companies and trying to get everything squared away. It has really been a pretty tough couple of months lately with a ton of crazy things happening. But I am quickly reminded even as I type that there are people that have it much worse than me, and I pray I will always keep that in mind. I know that God has a plan for EVERYTHING, and nothing that happens in our lives is ever wasted. I know God is using all this stuff to teach us something and it is my prayer that Crystal and I will be alert and not miss the lessons He is teaching.
On a more positive note, things at Marathon are rocking along! Last night at AMP'd was awesome, the band did an incredible job and there was tons of energy.

Here is the set list:
The time has come-United
My Surrender-Marathon original
Hosanna-Hillsong
Healer-Hillsong
Awesome God-Mullins
Sing, Sing, Sing-Tomlin

We had a guest speaker named Cameron Wooten come in and share what God is doing in his life, and it was amazing. He was diagnosed with a type of leukemia not long ago and has continued to give God glory every step of the way. His strength and faith in God was very inspiring, and he challenged our students to make sure Christ is at the center of their lives and nothing else. It was great, our kids were hanging on his every word, and I know God used him in a mighty way.

The Garage is nearing completion and I am so excited!! They have begun painting, putting in ceiling tiles, toilets (those may be important) finishing up electrical, an Hopefully we will be in there by the end of September or first of October, which should be perfect timing. I will keep ya posted on the progress through pictures soon.

Well, it's about time for a little grub, which is always good in my opinion!!


RUNing the Race,
Bholda

No comments: