Thursday, May 29, 2008

What a night

Last night at AMP'd was very interesting, to say the least. The band did great, the energy was high, and everything was rolling nicely along. I was on stage speaking and all of a sudden I saw one of my volunteers make a really quick move to the row behind her. My first thought was some kids were talking or something, but I quickly realized it was more serious than that. There was a student who started having a seizure. This was a first for me in ministry and I have to be honest it rattled me a little bit. It was just one of those things that catches you off guard and you have to make some kind of decision. So that's what I did. I prayed for the student right then and had everyone else dismiss for the night. I have to give a huge shout out to our volunteers and Justin, our police officer. Everyone responded quickly and calmly and we were able to get EMS there and the student was taken to the hospital. I haven't heard anything as far as status, but I plan on following up later today. Needless to say, it was an eventful night, and I have had trouble sleeping. That would explain why I am posting at 5:15 am! Please pray for the student and his family, as I'm sure this was a tramatic experience for him. This is just another reminder to me that God is in control and He has a plan, even if we can't see it yet.
Well, I'm off to try to get some sleep...hopefully!

RUNning the Race,
Bholda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude update this piece!!