Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Currently


Things around here (meaning my life) haven't even begun to slow down a bit it seems! The cool thing is that everything that is happening is stuff I really enjoy. Monday night I spoke at FCA (fellowship of Christian athletes) at Wren High School. It was really great to see students getting together at 8:00 and lifting up the name of Jesus together! As a Student Pastor it does my heart good to know that God is still working despite the world and all its distractions. Yesterday was crazy around the office. We have another staff member moving into an office on our hall that was essentially storage for the student ministry, so I found myself cleaning and clearing out a bunch of stuff. It even forced my interns to make adjustments in their office, which was hard for Steve-O because apparently he doesn't like change to much!! He's recovering and doing well so far. After work I headed for the Y to work out and have b-ball practice with the boys team I am coaching. I did some cardio, then went to practice and after that finished my workout with some much needed circuit training. It doesn't end there though!! As I was leaving, I ran into a couple of former students who were playing DDR (dance dance revolution). Now normally this would not have even been an option, because there are tons of people in the gym. But, because it was later there weren't that many, so I took a stab at it. Needless to say, it was very humorous watching me try to dance!! So much so, the people at the front desk were watching from a monitor at the desk and they just had to come see the madness in person!! I must say it was a great workout. When I finished making a fool of myself, I basically went home and crashed!! Oh, and the by the way...I've lost 10 pounds so far, which leaves only 8 more for my first goal!! I've actually enjoyed getting in shape, and this is the longest I've stuck with it, so it's great to see results. Tonight is AMP'd and I am pumped about what God is going to do!! I feel like we have a lot of momentum right now and that is always exciting. We will be voting on borrowing the money to finish the student building this Sunday and I am so ready to get that going again. We have a good plan to attack the debt and get it paid off very quickly. Our students are anxious for their own place and they deserve it,no doubt!! I guess that's about it for now, be on the lookout for the AMP'd rewind tomorrow.

Keepin' it Real,
Bholda

No comments: