Friday, January 26, 2007

Some things never change!


I'm just sitting here at home on my day off doing a whole lot of NOTHING!! After all, it is my day off and from time to time I enjoy just chillin around the house. Don't you judge me!!! Anyway, I was flippin through the channels and ran across that old classic, The Price Is Right. I quickly realized that it is still an OLD classic. I understand that the whole concept of the game hasn't changed, and that's cool, but what about the set? I mean everything looked exactly the same as when I HAD to watch it at my grandma's house when I was a kid!! The same old bidding booths or whatever those things are people get behind when the announcer calls their name. You know, they bid on an item and whoever gets the closest gets to go on stage with Bob Barker(who really doesn't look like he's changed either) he even has the same long skinny weird looking microphone. Back to the bidding thing again. I have learned over the years that if a person just bids one dollar, that almost always win!! So, with that being said, if I am ever on the show, I WILL BID ONE DOLLAR!!!! Ok, now on to the models. There seem to be a couple of new ones, but I'm pretty sure there was 1 that has been on there since the start. She was modeling the prize of a years supply of Spam or something. Then theres the prizes. I seriously think I saw the same dining room set they have been giving away for 20 years!! And of course, the big wheel, it's still the same, not one thing changed. It's my favorite, after all these years on air, people still have to have a respin because it didn't make it all the way around. If you're gonna go to the show and have a chance to play the game, workout before you go and make sure you can get the big wheel all the way around!! Seriously, it looks like it weighs a ton, and would crush the studio audience if it ever came loose, but I'm sure Bob could stop it with his creepy microphone before too many audience members were killed!

If you have a chance to watch The Price Is Right, take advantage of it and go back in time and enjoy one of the few things that hasn't changed!!


And remember, "Help control the pet population, have your pets spade or neutered." Bob Barker


Keepin' it real,

Bryan

No comments: