Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Let's get shrunk!!!!!

I went to a local church yesterday and signed up for what is called "shrink down" It is a free weight loss program that provides recipes, exercise options, nutritional guidelines, and the such. I was a little uncomfortable at first because it did feel like they were herding cattle(no pun intended) into the gym, where we filled out some info, and got weighed. I was waiting on the branding station, but luckily never saw that area!! After "weighing in" we were given a bottle of water and a free t-shirt!! I picked an XL, but now that I think about it, maybe I should have picked a medium and maybe that could have served as more motivation, try to fit into the medium shrink down shirt. Anyway, the way it works is you can go to these different seminars and learn about diet, nutrition and exercise throughout the week. Then on Friday nights, you go and "weigh in" again to check your progress and pick up more helpful info. I tried not to fall into the trap this year of making a empty new year's resolution to lose a bunch of weight, but sense our church is a "weigh in" location I figured I would give it a try. I personally think I am in great shape, it's just that the shape I'm in happens to be round!! Hey, lighten up, if you can't laugh at yourself then you know what they say......(i hope you know, cause i don't) I will keep the blog updated with my progress, so check it out often!!!

Gettin Shrunk,
Bholda

No comments: