Thursday, January 11, 2007

Early Mornings, School Buses and Middle School Lunches

Alrighty, here's the deal. On Wednesday's I meet with about 15 students at 6:30 am to do a prayer breakfast in the church office. We started this after our mission trip back in July and we are at the 6 month mark and the kids are still showing up. I think that's pretty awesome, but anyway. I have to leave my house at 6 in order to be here in time. Here in lies the problem. Every Wednesday at about 6:20 I get behind a school bus. Now, your probably thinking oh no it must stop 15 times before you get to the church right Bryan? WRONG!! It doesn't stop in front of me at all. But here is the bad thing. It has a strobe light on the top of it right over the emergency door. This is where it gets dangerous for me, because at 6:20 in the morning I am barely functioning as a member of society therefore a flashing strobe light doesn't help. I feel like I am either gonna go into some alternate state of cognitiveness (I don't think that is a real word), or I'm have a seizure and crash into a tree!! I think that the county should re-evaluate the flashing, trance inducing strobe light. Just a thought.
Now, fast forward a few hours to our local middle school lunch period. I have resolved in 2007 to try to get on our middle school and high school campuses at least once every couple of weeks during lunch. So, I decided to head over to the middle school and take a few pizzas to the kids. Holy cow, I almost lost 2 fingers in the feeding frenzy that insued!!!! I took 5 pizzas for each lunch period. Those poor pizzas lasted about 45 seconds. It was incredible. I think the discovery channel should cancel shark week and consider doing a documentary on the feeding habits of 7th and 8th graders in relation to Little Ceasars "Hot- N-Ready". Overall, though it was a success. From here on out I will probably only be known as that guy that brought us pizza, but should have brought more!!! Oh well.

Keepin' it real,
Bryan

No comments: