Friday, January 5, 2007

In My Defense


Ok, so there is a picture of me and my dog, Belle on Sammy's blog (sammyclary.blogspot.com). Let me explain. Sammy wrote a blog a few days ago about dude's that carry a man bag and have small dogs and shop at Bath and Body. When you add all these elements together you have a "Sissy" according to my good 'ol buddy Sammy. Now, I do have a small dog, and I do have a man bag(and it's not pink), only because I have found it helps keep my junk together for work, but i don't shop at Bath and Body and i don't put my dog in a small bag and carry her around. I would dare say that i could be what is called a man's man. I mean I have a fishin' boat in my driveway, i drive a pickup truck, i spit sunflower seeds (in the shell, i might add! not those already shelled) I play basketball, football, golf and ping pong. I occassionally sneak out back and pee in the bushes!! I cut my own grass, clean out the gutters, and eat beef jerky. I take my trash to the landfill and burn boxes in a wheelbarrow in the backyard. I wear "wifebeaters" under my shirts and even wear the "wifebeater" out to the mailbox. I will say on some level that i agree with Sammy that men with small dogs, man bags, and body lotion could be considered sissy. I just don't think that i, in a moment of weakness, captured in a picture by my wife should be classified as the above mentioned "sissy". I hope this helps clear the air on the issue.

Hairy chested and manly,
Bryan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so you may not be sissy, but you sure do sound REDNECK!!