Monday, April 2, 2007

To feeling like a kid again and not playing it safe..


Man, Sunday nights are so cool. That is when me and Crystal and 3 other couples get together for our small group Bible study/hang-out time. Last night was a blast!! We raced go karts for a couple of hours and then ate a little grub (not the bug!, it's slang for food) and had a great challenge from Sammy (www.sammyclary.blogspot.com) to live our lives out on a limb for Christ. If you look at all the people in the Bible God used, every one of them was off the chart on the faith meter! They went way out on a limb and trusted God. This is truly how I want to live my life, with reckless abandon for my Savior!! I don't want to be a "play it safe" Christian anymore. God has called me (and you) to so much more than that. Jesus came to give us life yes, but not just any life, but an abundant life!! John 10:10 **Holder's translation :) **
Sunday nights are an awesome time for all of to recharge and refocus and also feel like a kid again. As far as the go kart races, i finished dead last and have now been coined Bryan "driving miss daisy" Holder. Hopefully in the weeks to come i can restore my reputation to at least "Herbie the love bug" status.

K.I.R.,
Bryan

No comments: